Trauma Cover gives you financial freedom at a difficult time
Trauma Cover lets you focus on your recovery instead of worrying about the bills.
A critical illness or medical event such as cancer or a heart attack can be extremely stressful, but having Trauma Insurance means one thing you don’t need to worry about is your financial security.
Trauma cover pays out a lump sum in the event you’re diagnosed with of one of over 40 medical events, conditions and surgical procedures.
You’ll have the financial freedom to pay for whatever you and your family need to get you through a challenging time. Typical claims are for diagnosis of cancer, heart attack and stroke. Having trauma cover in place can make a huge difference to your financial security and overall recovery. Most people use the proceeds of a trauma claim to:
- Pay for their spouse or family member to take time off work, so they can provide support and care at home
- Pay for additional or alternative treatments that may not be covered by the New Zealand health system or private health insurance
- Cover additional expenses such as extra help around the house, childcare and travel to medical appointments
- Reduce debt such as mortgage or credit card payments
- Take time off work to rest and recover, often choosing to work reduced hours
- Aid recovery by treating themselves to something that makes them happy, such as a family holiday or visiting loved ones
A case study from Daniel's files
Ross had a home mortgage and owned a small automotive business. After advice and discussions with Daniel, he took out life cover, trauma cover and income protection.
About a year later, Ross suffered a heart attack. Thankfully he recovered, but was off work for eight weeks. His income protection policy had an eight week stand down so, while it was ready to start paying Ross, he did not receive any money from it. However his trauma policy paid out based on the diagnosis of the heart attack. The $50,000 that Ross received enabled him to cover both his home and business expenses, so he wasn't driven to return to work before he was fully recovered. Instead of potentially losing his staff, his business and his house, trauma cover gave Ross the funds to keep everything going. A health setback that could have had far worse consequences was mitigated with funds.
Ask Daniel about personal insurance
IronOak can also help you with:
Daniel has my full trust when it comes to my insurances. He spent time looking over what I already had in place and advised that it was not in my best interests to change anything even though I could have. I know that insurance advisers earn their income via commissions, so right then, I knew that he truly does what is best for his clients.